GENERAL PROJECT INFORMATION
Increase performance regarding diagnosis and treatment of cancers in children by improving technical equipment, purchase of modern devices, medical personnel training and development of guidelines.
The project’s general objective is to increase the access of children suffering from different types of cancer to high quality and efficient medical services, at national level in Romania. The increase of the survival rate of children affected with cancer is possible when the modern and performant technical endowment is supported by qualified and trained medical personnel. Therefore, the project has three main components: purchasing high performance medical care equipment, developing a national set of guidelines for specialists involved in paediatric haemato-oncology diagnostic and treatment and training medical staff in using new technologies in treatment procedures.
One of the main project activities is increasing the technological endowment of IOCN as one of the main hospitals in Romania providing specialized treatment to children suffering from different types of cancer. The largest number of oncological patients are treated in the Oncological Institute Cluj-Napoca: only 20% of these children live in Cluj County and the neighboring counties, the remaining 80% being children with cancer from all over the country.
News about the project after the press conference organized on October 31, 2019.
The project’s main objective is to increase the technological facilities
The project’s main objective is to increase the technological facilities with high performance medical equipment that will ensure the necessary means for the medical staff to increase the results of the treatment and raise life expectancy of their patients. The deliverables resulted from these measures will be highly trained professionals and high performance equipment which will lead to the increase of diagnostic and treatment capacity in the haemato-oncology department.
The medical equipment purchased within the project will be last generation
The medical equipment purchased within the project will be last generation to ensure a prolonged lifespan. They will be used in the long term by all patients in need, regardless of race, gender, ethnicity, etc. Taking in consideration that approximately 85% of IOCN’s patients are from all over the country (only 15% of the patients come from Cluj County) it can be said that the equipment purchased within the project will have a national impact amongst oncological and haematology paediatric patients.
In the context of the actual Romanian National Health Strategy 2014-2020
In the context of the actual Romanian National Health Strategy 2014-2020, the Ministry of Health and the Romanian Government shall endeavour to take concrete steps towards easier access to quality preventive, emergency, curative and rehabilitation services under the circumstances of effective and efficient use of available resources and promoting high standards. The population must have access to a broad range of primary and secondary prevention services whose cost – effectiveness has been demonstrated, with positive effects on the population on long and medium term.
The content of this website does not necessarily represent the official position of the Norwegian Grants 2014-2021.
The responsibility for correctness and coherence of the information presented lies with the initiators.
The total budget of the project is approx. 3,698,248 euros and runs for 24 months.
For more details on the Norwegian Grants 2014-2021, visit: www.ro-sanatate.ms.ro and www.eeagrants.ro